At St. John’s, we work to support the people who provide your care. That means investing in their development. Our Employee Scholarship Program offers educational support to clinical employees who want to advance their skills and education. Gifts directly impact our employees.
If you are a donor who would like more information on how to support the Scholarship program please visit our Programs page under Employee Scholarships.
Process for Scholarship Applications
- Review the scholarship application below.
- Check guidelines and criteria for applying.
- Have you been a full-time employee of St. John’s Health (SJH) for at least 12 months? (Or, are you a part-time employee who was full time for at least 12 months without a break in service and plans to return to full time status after school?)
- Are you in good standing (no active Performance Improvement Plan)?
- Are you currently enrolled in a relevant degree-seeking program or pre-requisites for a degree-seeking program?
- Are you committed to working for SJH for two years following the scholarship award?
- Scholarship awards are only disbursed after the successful completion of a school term. However, you may wish to obtain pre-approval for your degree program before starting classes to ensure that you will be eligible for tuition reimbursement. Talk to your manager and contact the Scholarship Program Coordinator to determine whether your program is approved for reimbursement. Pre-approval will be provided in writing.
- Compile the required documents: transcript showing final grade in all courses for the completed school term, tuition statement showing total costs to be reimbursed, receipts for books, uniforms, or other required equipment if included in total reimbursement request, updated resume.
- Consider the amount of your scholarship request. The scholarship committee will set a maximum award for each year, based on current average costs for relevant degree programs. If not otherwise noted, the maximum yearly award per employee is the IRS non-taxable education benefit limit of $5250. You may apply for a scholarship for each semester of your program. Each employee may receive scholarship awards for up to 4 years (8 semesters) or $21000 per degree program. Applicants working on pre-requisites for an approved degree program may receive awards for up to 2 years (4 semesters) or $3000.
- Complete the online application and upload the required documents. The online application will not let you submit if you do not upload the required documents. The Scholarship Program Coordinator will contact you to confirm that your application packet has been received complete and will be reviewed.
- Applications will be reviewed virtually and applicants will receive a response within 3 weeks of application. If approved, you will be required to sign a promissory note in the amount of the award. Awards will be disbursed through payroll.
- All Scholarship recipients agree to allow the Foundation to use their name and likeness in press releases, newsletters, and other media announcements.
Please contact Beth Stromberg at x 7534 email@example.com or Chris Clabuesch at x 7506 firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions at all.
You will not be able to submit your application if it is incomplete. Please make sure to upload all required documentation.
"Thank you for the generous financial support of my educational goals through the scholarship program. This award will ease the monetary burden and allow me to focus on completing my program and obtaining a masters degree in nursing. "