Jeff Sollis has over seventeen years of hospital leadership experience at facilities across the nation, including as chief executive officer at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC), a position he has held since 2018. Prior to being appointed CEO in January 2018, Sollis served as EIRMC’s chief operating officer (COO) for four years. January 2, 2023, he assumed the role of Chief Executive Officer at St. John’s Health, Jackson, WY.
Long established as the largest hospital in southeast Idaho, western Wyoming, and southwest Montana and the regional referral center for multiple hospitals within this service area, EIRMC has achieved even greater growth and transformation under Sollis’ leadership:
- Opened the only Burn Center in Idaho. The Center is the only of its kind in a multi-state region and provides complex surgical, critical care, hyperbaric and wound care services to adult and pediatric burn patients. Thousands of patients have accessed and benefited from these services over the past 3.5 years.
- Launched a Graduate Medical Education program to include Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and Psychiatry that has grown to become the largest GME program in the state of Idaho and will soon have a total of 64 residents.
- Elevated pediatric care for children in the region, including the recruitment of subspecialists such as pediatric intensivists, pediatric hospitalists, pediatric surgery, pediatric anesthesia, pediatric endocrinology, pediatric cardiology, and the creation of the Ronald McDonald Family Room at EIRMC.
- Navigated the COVID-19 pandemic and cared for more COVID-19 patients than any other hospital in southeast Idaho.
- Expanded and improved Level II Trauma services, both in terms of expanding access to the highest level of trauma services in the larger region and in clinical quality.
- Achieved significant improvements in nearly every quality and patient safety metric, including but not limited to mortality, sepsis mortality, expeditious and outcomes-focused stroke care, and hospital acquired infections.
Prior to his tenure at EIRMC, Sollis held positions as chief operating officer at Timpanogos Regional Hospital (Orem, Utah); VP of Operations at Wesley Medical Center (Wichita, Kansas); and Assistant Administrator at North Suburban Medical Center (Thornton, Colorado).
Sollis earned his Masters of Health Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University, and a bachelor’s of arts degree in Behavioral Science and Health from the University of Utah.
Community involvement and philanthropy is a core value for Sollis. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees for the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine, and has served on the Board of Directors for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho, and the HCA Healthcare Hope Fund.
Sollis is married to his wife Rachel and they have four children. He is an avid outdoorsman and is passionate about fly fishing, hiking, snowboarding and other mountain sports.